What happened at the Dec. 11 SLC Council meeting?
CITY COUNCIL of SALT LAKE CITY
What happened at the
Dec. 11 Council meeting?
Next Meeting is Jan. 8
- Council adopted joint resolution w/ Mayor affirming SLC as 'Welcoming City' that respects innate dignity of all.
- Soren Simonsen was recognized for his contributions as 2012 SLC Council Chairman
Work Session- Items of Interest
The Council will:
- receive a follow-up briefing regarding a proposed fee-generated Street Lighting Enterprise Fund that would pay for citywide street light improvements and maintenance. 5 year review of program discussed and added to ordinance. Passed later in the Formal meeting. See below.
- receive a briefing regarding the list of legislative issues for the 2013 State Legislative Session. Council told "fiscal cliff" at the Congressional level (a lack of agreement of federal fiscal issues) could mean 8 percent cut in federal funds to City in 2013.
Formal Meeting – Items of Interest
The Council will:
- consider adopting an ordinance establishing a fee-generated Street Light Enterprise Fund that would pay for street light improvements and maintenance. Street light fee, fund, & maintenance program adopted by #SLC Council w/ amendments. Burned out, broken lights to be repaired first.
- accept public comment in a public hearing and consider adopting an ordinance amending the City’s Zoning regulations relating to businesses operated out of homes. Hearing held and action possible at a later date.
- consider adopting Design Guidelines for residential and commercial properties and signs located in the H-Historic Preservation Overlay District and Landmark Sites. Passed
- consider adopting a resolution regarding the purchase of land located on 2200 West for the purpose of Open Space or possible park. Passed
- consider adopting an ordinance to modify the process and requirements for demolition of buildings and structures, and maintenance of boarded buildings. Passed
- consider adopting an ordinance to clarify that bid requirements apply to all City funded building improvement and public works projects. Passed
- consider adopting an ordinance adopting the Solid Waste Management Facility budget. Passed
To view the entire agenda for the Work Session and Formal Meeting, click here. All agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in accordance with Utah's Open and Public Meetings Act.
COUNCIL MEETING DATES
(Note: Council meeting dates are subject to change. An agenda will be available 24 hours in advance by visiting: http://council.slcgov.com/agendas/default.htm or call (801) 535-7600 to confirm date and time prior to attending.)
January 8, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
January 15, 2013 – Tuesday – Council Work Session
January 22, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meet