State of the City, convention hotel and City revenue status all highlight the SLC Council agenda on Jan. 22
CITY COUNCIL of SALT LAKE CITY
What: City Council Work Session and Formal Meeting
When: Tuesday – January 22, 2013
- Work Session 2:00 p.m. Room 326 (The public is invited to listen to the discussion.)
- Formal Meeting 7:00 p.m. Room 315 (public comment section is included)
Work Session- Items of Interest
The Council will:
- receive a status update on the opening of the UTA Airport Line as well as a UTA Airport Line Safety presentation.
- receive a briefing about Budget Amendment No. 3 for Fiscal Year 2012-13, including revenue status for FY2013.
- receive a briefing about a funding and analysis study for a potential convention headquarter hotel in downtown Salt Lake City.
- receive a briefing about a proposed electronic signs ordinance.
Formal Meeting- Items of Interest
- Mayor Ralph Becker will present the annual State of the City Address.
- Consider adopting Budget Amendment No. 2. This budget amendment would create a revenue and expense budget of $1.8 million for the Street Lighting Enterprise Fund -- creating three new full time employee positions to run the new program. The Council adopted ordinances creating the fund on Dec. 11, 2012.
- Consider adopting a final bond resolution to finance the costs of the acquisition, construction, improvement, equipping and furnishing of facilities for use by Uinta Brewing
- Consider adopting a resolution authorizing a loan from Salt Lake City’s Housing Trust Fund to Liberty Village Property, LLC/ Cowboy Partners for a $750,000 Housing Trust Fund to construct apartments at 2150 S. McClelland Street. The five-story project would consist of 171 residential units – 35 of which would be affordable rental housing units for residents at or below 50% of the City’s area median income.
- Consider adopting a resolution: Designating the Salt Lake City, Utah, Central Business Improvement Area No. 13 and authorizing City officials to proceed with economic development improvements.
To view the entire agenda for the Work Session and Formal Meeting, click here. All agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in accordance with Utah's Open and Public Meetings Act.
COUNCIL MEETING DATES
(Note: Council meeting dates are subject to change. An agenda will be available 24 hours in advance by visiting: http://council.slcgov.com/agendas/default.htm or call (801) 535-7600 to confirm date and time prior to attending.)
February 5, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
February 12, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session Only
February 19, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
March 5, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal meeting
City & County Building
451 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Contact: City Council Office