Center for Local Business - Economic Development Loan Fund
- New and existing businesses
- Starting, maintaining, and growing a business
- A business interested in relocating to Salt Lake City
- Businesses impacted by road construction
- Acquisition of real estate (land or buildings)
- Signage, retail presentation, display work
- Energy-efficient equipment upgrades and building retrofits
- Fixtures, furnishings and equipment (FFE)
- Working Capital
1. Complete and submit the Preliminary Evaluation Application
2. If the Preliminary Evaluation Application is approved, submit the following:
a. A completed Loan Application.
b. A Business Plan with the information outlined in the Loan Application, including 3-year financial projections.
c. The required Financial Documents, including tax returns, profit/loss statements, etc.
3. Call the City's Economic Development Manager to set up a time to review the completed application at (801) 535-7941
4. Your submitted Loan Application will be reviewed and corresponding documents will be distributed to the Economic Development Loan Fund Committee. The Loan Committee meets monthly or as needed to review loan requests. At the meeting, you will have the opportunity to meet with the Loan Committee to present your business plan and answer any questions. After your presentation, the Loan Committee will meet to evaluate the loan. You will be notified by either email or phone within 5-7 business days of the Loan Committee's decision.
Businesses must be located within City boundaries. Any funds loaned must be used for business within the City and cannot be used for other locations of the business. Conditions might apply for businesses with additional location outside of city boundaries.
A City representative will contact you once your evaluation has been processed. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for the review of your preliminary evaluation.
1) Please open the Preliminary Evaluation Application and complete all required fields. Forms received via in-person, mail or email will be processed the same as electronic forms. All documents will be converted into electronic format upon receiving.
Economic Development Loan Fund - Loan Application (PDF)
*please provide an electronic copy of your business plan along with your loan application