Cultural Core Action Plan
The Cultural Core Action Plan has been adopted by both City and County Councils, click HERE to view it!
1. Creative Placemaking Objectives
- Leverage and promote the existing programming, organizations, places and resources.
- Provide new opportunities for artists and cultural organizations.
- Enhance resident and visitor satisfaction and perceptions.
- Foster new collaborations and create opportunities within the arts community, the business community and other stakeholders.
- Provide programs, experiences, and environments attractive to all of Utah's different communities.
- Establish a vibrant urban aesthetic and environment for serendipitous experiences.
- Extend the daily and weekly arts and cultural activity cycle.
- Amplify and focus the creative potential of Salt Lake's artists, creatives and organizations.
2. Marketing and Promotion Objectives
- Create a marketable brand identity for the Cultural Core based on the abundance of existing programming.
- Gain national and international media exposure for Salt Lake's unique arts and cultural offerings in the Cultural Core and beyond.
- Promote Salt Lake's multicultural arts community.
- Foster a more collaborative environment which stakeholders inside and outside of the Cultural Core can participate in, and benefit from, its development and promotion.
- Market key messages and communication strategies for both existing and new audiences in the Salt Lake region.
3. Audience Development Objectives
- Increase the frequency of participation and variety of engagements in Core programming by current, engaged audiences from within the city, county and region.
- Provide insight on current, engaged audiences, and less engaged audiences for creative placemaking and marketing as the Action plan is implemented.
- Attract new audiences to the Core through culturally competent creative placemaking and marketing, ultimately transforming the profile of Salt Lake arts consumers to be more reflective of the diversity of the city and county population.
- NOW - RFP has been issued to selected an individual or organization to implement the plan and manage the Cultural Core.
- NEXT - We hope to have a management entity in place by the end of June 2017, with work to begin immediately.