What happened at the SLC Council work session on Jan. 15?
CITY COUNCIL of SALT LAKE CITY
What happened at the Jan. 15
SLC Council work session?
Work Session- Items of Interest
The Council will:
- hold a discussion about landscaping options for planting in City-owned parkstrips, including the possibility of expanding regulations to include vegetable gardening and water-wise plants. Council discussed with City staff the option of allowing taller plants on parkstrips for curbside gardens. More discussion planned.
- receive a briefing regarding a request by Liberty Village Property, LLC/Cowboy Partners for a $750,000 Housing Trust Fund to construct apartments at 2150 S. McCelland Street. The five-story project would consist of 171 residential units – 35 of which would be affordable rental housing units for residents at or below 50% of the City’s area median income. Council talked with staff and petitioner about the Sugar House project. See the project location here: http://bit.ly/UORH5t
- continue a discussion regarding Budget Amendment No. 2 for Fiscal Year 2012-13 regarding a proposal to create a revenue and expense budget for the Street Lighting Enterprise Fund. The Council adopted ordinances creating the fund on Dec. 11, 2012. Council told by City staff there are 3 thousand City street lights out. Plan is to get as many of the basic lights back in the next 4 months.
- receive a briefing regarding changes to the appeals process for denied GRAMA requests and having the City rely directly on GRAMA state law. Council told tonight GRAMA requests up last year for SLC. Requested in 2012: 909. The numbers in 2011: 657.
- receive a written briefing regarding public restroom design options and the related building costs. Report available.
To view the entire agenda for the Work Session and Formal Meeting, click here. All agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in accordance with Utah's Open and Public Meetings Act.
City & County Building
451 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Contact: City Council Office
COUNCIL MEETING DATES
(Note: Council meeting dates are subject to change. An agenda will be available 24 hours in advance by visiting: http://council.slcgov.com/agendas/default.htm or call (801) 535-7600 to confirm date and time prior to attending.)
January 22, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
February 5, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
February 12, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session Only
February 19, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting