What happened at SLC Council meeting on Feb. 19? Taxes lowered; public hearing planned for PAC agreement with County
What happened at the SLC Council meeting on Feb. 19?
Taxes lowered; public hearing planned for PAC agreement with County
Work Session- Items of Interest The Council will:
- (BUDGET) hold a discussion on priorities related to the annual budget for the 2013-14 fiscal year, including communication of those priorities to Mayor Becker and his Administration for consideration in their budget preparations. Council will continue discussing next budget priorities with Mayor's Office: More money for the Arts? Fund a business incubation program? New Transit plan?
- (PAC) receive a briefing regarding two resolutions related to the new Performing Arts Center. Operating. 1. An interlocal entity to be created by the County, the City, and the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City, as members – relating to the operation of the Center. 2. Ownership - An Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between the County, the City and the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City relating to the ownership of the Center. Council plans Feb 26 public hearing at 5 pm on Performing Arts Center operating & ownership agreement proposal between City & SL County.
- (LOWER TAXES) receive a briefing regarding Hogle Zoo and Tracy Aviary Projects & General Obligation Refunding Bonds. This is a refinancing of general obligation bonds at a lower interest rate which will result in a savings of approximately $1.2 million over the remaining life of the bonds. These savings would be realized in the form of slightly lower property tax bills for this component of the property tax rate. Discussed; then later in the meeting passed. Lowered taxes.
- (BIKING) receive a briefing regarding a proposal to establish a standing committee of the Transportation Advisory Board. The proposed committee would be made up of up to 13 members appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council. It would provide recommendations to the Transportation Division, the Transportation Advisory Board, and other City divisions, departments, and offices on bicycling related matters. Council discusssed with Administration what role will biking advocates have in future City policy as defined in the proposal.
Formal Meeting- Three public hearings:
- Ordinance: Budget Amendment No. 3 for Fiscal Year 2012-13: adopting an ordinance amending the Final Budget of Salt Lake City for the fiscal year ending June 20, 2013. This amendment includes items for the Sewer, Storm Water and Water Funds, as well as a proposal for the Steiner East Sports Complex. Hearing held. Voter at a later date.
- Ordinance: Zoning Map Amendments, 1614 West 700 North: adopting an ordinance amending the zoning map pertaining to property located at 1614 West 700 North. The proposal would amend the Salt Lake City Zoning Map from Single Family Residential to Community Business to allow for a dental office use. Hearing held. Adopted.
- Ordinance: Master Plan and Zoning Map Amendments, 2016 South 2100 East: adopting an ordinance amending the Future Land Use Map of the Sugar House Community Master Plan and amending the Zoning Map pertaining to property located at 2016 South 2100 East. The proposal would amend the Future Land Use Map from Low Density Residential to Mixed Use – Low Intensity. No specific commercial use has been identified by the petitioner. Hearing held. Adopted.
To view the entire agenda for the Work Session and Formal Meeting, click here. All agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in accordance with Utah's Open and Public Meetings Act.
COUNCIL MEETING DATES
(Note: Council meeting dates are subject to change. An agenda will be available 24 hours in advance by visiting: http://council.slcgov.com/agendas/default.htm or call (801) 535-7600 to confirm date and time prior to attending.)
February 26, 2013 – Tuesday – Works Session and Formal Meeting
March 5, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
March 19, 2013 – Tuesday –Council Work Session