What happened at Nov. 20 Salt Lake City Council meeting?
CITY COUNCIL of SALT LAKE CITY
What happened at Nov. 20
Salt Lake City Council meeting?
Work Session- Items of Interest
- receive a briefing regarding a proposed fee-generated Street Lighting Enterprise Fund that would pay for citywide street light improvement and maintenance. Streetlight funding discussion resulted in planned public input at Dec. 4 hearing at Council meeting on latest proposal.
- receive a briefing regarding the purchase of a 15.85 acre property at 2596 North 2200 West that could potentially be developed as a neighborhood park serving the Rose Park and Westpointe communities. Council supports land be on track to be a new park.
- hold a discussion to review the Education philosophy statement. The Council met earlier this year to discuss priority focus areas and requested that staff draft a series of Philosophy Statements for review and refinement by the public. Minor revisions. Possible vote next meeting.
- receive a briefing regarding the Salt Lake Valley Landfill. The discussion includes the 2013 budget and a proposed fee increase, decreasing compost sales, and other budget changes to account for the reduced salvage metal sales. SL Valley Landfill operators tell Council that metal, compost revenues down. Hearings in December on tipping fee proposal in budget plan.
- discuss the purpose and goals for each of the following advisory boards/committees and decide whether changes are needed moving forward: a. Sister Cities Board b. (Tentative) Bicycle Advisory Committee c. Ground Transportation Informal Discussion Group. City transpo update: Council told airport taxi issue back in court Nov. 26; Mayor bike committee reformation still in the works; Ground committee still developing
- have a discussion regarding the September Council Retreat, including options for allocating $90,000 for Lighter, Quicker, Cheaper projects and revising the City’s Master Plan process. Process moving forward as Council acts on financing small community projects.
Limited Formal Meeting – Items of Interest
The Council will:
- consider approving the appointment of Eric Shaw to the position of Salt Lake City Community and Economic Development Director. Eric Shaw, candidate for Comm & Ec Dev Director was interviewed by Council prior to formal appointment vote and then appointed. pic.twitter.com/wgMkFkvZ
To view the entire agenda for the Work Session and Formal Meeting, click here. All agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in accordance with Utah's Open and Public Meetings Act.
City & County Building
451 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Contact: City Council Office 801‐535‐7600
COUNCIL MEETING DATES
(Note: Council meeting dates are subject to change. An agenda will be available 24 hours in advance by visiting: http://council.slcgov.com/agendas/default.htm or call (801) 535-7600 to confirm date and time prior to attending.)
November 27, 2012 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
December 4, 2012 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
December 11, 2012 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting