Vegetable gardening on parkstrips and a Sugar House housing project are on the SLC Council agenda for Jan. 15
CITY COUNCIL of SALT LAKE CITY
What: Work Session (only)
When: Tuesday – January 15, 2013
Work Session 5:00 p.m. or immediately following the 2:00 p.m. Redevelopment Agency meeting.
Room 326 (the public is invited to listen to the discussion)
Work Session- Items of Interest
The Council will:
- hold a discussion about landscaping options for planting in City-owned parkstrips, including the possibility of expanding regulations to include vegetable gardening and water-wise plants.
- receive a briefing regarding a request by Liberty Village Property, LLC/Cowboy Partners for a $750,000 Housing Trust Fund to construct apartments at 2150 S. McCelland Street. The five-story project would consist of 171 residential units – 35 of which would be affordable rental housing units for residents at or below 50% of the City’s area median income.
- continue a discussion regarding Budget Amendment No. 2 for Fiscal Year 2012-13 regarding a proposal to create a revenue and expense budget for the Street Lighting Enterprise Fund. The Council adopted ordinances creating the fund on Dec. 11, 2012.
- receive a briefing regarding changes to the appeals process for denied GRAMA requests and having the City rely directly on GRAMA state law.
- receive a written briefing regarding public restroom design options and the related building costs.
To view the entire agenda for the Work Session and Formal Meeting, click here. All agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in accordance with Utah's Open and Public Meetings Act.
City & County Building
451 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Contact: City Council Office
COUNCIL MEETING DATES
(Note: Council meeting dates are subject to change. An agenda will be available 24 hours in advance by visiting: http://council.slcgov.com/agendas/default.htm or call (801) 535-7600 to confirm date and time prior to attending.)
January 22, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
February 5, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
February 12, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session Only
February 19, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting