Streets - Concrete Maintenance
By City Ordinance (14.32.300), the repair or replacement of deteriorated sidewalk and curb and gutter in the public way is the responsibility of the adjacent private property owner. Property owners can hire a contractor to accomplish the required concrete repairs, which requires a permit to work in the public way, or property owners can take advantage of the 50/50 concrete program.
The 50/50 concrete program is a cost-sharing program that splits the actual cost of replacement between the adjacent residential property owner and the City on a 50/50 basis. For a commerical property the owner would pay 100% of the cost. Both programs replace deteriorated concrete sidewalks, drive approaches, and curb & gutter. Property owners must pay for the work before the start of construction. Construction estimates are provided without charge and work is scheduled on a "first come first serve" basis. Further information can be obtained by emailing Andy Bath at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 801-535-6934.
Streets Concrete Maintenance Includes the Following:
- 50/50 concrete program for deteriorated residential concrete sidewalks, drive approaches, and curb & gutter replacement
- 100% concrete program for deteriorated commerical concrete sidewalks, drive approaches, and curb & gutter replacement
- ADA ramps replacement
- Waterway construction
- Concrete road slab replacement
- Support miscellaneous concrete repair and replacement for the City, such as claims for trip & fall and other departments/divisions
- Sidewalk grinding program