SLCgreen - Neighborhood Cleanup Program
Your Neighborhood Cleanup Date
You will receive a postcard in the mail announcing your Neighborhood Cleanup week at least three weeks before your date. If you would like to find out your date you may call (801) 535-6999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Para información en español llame 801-483-6900.
- The Neighborhood Cleanup Program is for BULKY WASTE ONLY. Any material that can fit into your recycle, yard waste, or garbage container must be placed in the appropriate container.
- Place piles street side no sooner than five days before your scheduled cleanup date.
- Do not block traffic, fire hydrants, stormdrains or sidewalks. Keep piles away from light poles, mailboxes and trees.
- Pile size must be no larger than 20 ft. long X 5 ft. wide X 5 ft. high.
- Stumps and limbs must be placed in a separate pile for composting and cut to lengths no larger than 8 feet. Do NOT place lumber in the composting pile.
- Refrigerators/freezers must be tagged by a professional showing the freon has been removed. Doors must be removed or firmly secured shut.
- Enforcement - Failure to follow these instructions is a violation of city and county ordinance. Please call Salt Lake County Health Department at (385) 468-3835 regarding illegal piles.
Items We Will Not Remove
- Any material that can fit into your recycle, yard, or garbage can.
- Commercial construction material. Contractors are responsible for removing waste generated from a construction project.
- Tires or household hazardous waste such as paints, pesticides, oil, florescent lights, batteries, and other chemicals. For information on how to dispose of these items call 385-468-3862.
- Flammable or explosive material such as aerosol cans, gas cans, propane tanks, etc. Call your local fire station for disposal information on how to dispose of them or call the Salt Lake County Health Department at 385-468-3862.
- Electronics such as televisions, computers, printers and monitors. Electronics contain hazardous pollutants such as lead, mercury, cadmium, chromium and other chemicals. Learn more about free collection events in Salt Lake City.
Recycling Usable Items
Recycle usable items as much as possible. Charitable organizations (Our Store, Deseret Industries and Salvation Army, etc.) will accept old appliances and furniture. For information on unusual recyclable items, call (801) 974-6902.
If you see someone illegally dumping in your neighborhood, document:
- Year, color, and make of vehicle
- Date and time illegal dumping took place
- License plate number
- Type of items dumped on pile
- Description of person illegally dumping
- If it's a contractor, write down company name.
Report illegal dumping activity by calling (385) 468-3835 or (801) 799-3000.
If you have further questions you may call Salt Lake City Sanitation at (801) 535-6999.