SLCgreen - Food Policy Task Force
The Food Policy Task Force (FPTF) was convened by Mayor Ralph Becker in October 2009 to recommend and promote sustainable food policy.
The FPTF is comprised of a diverse group of individuals and organizations interested in improving food policy in Salt Lake City. They are working to identify policy and program opportunities which will improve access to more fresh and nutritious food for all Salt Lake residents.
The Task Force is also working to identify opportunities to expand urban farming, preserve open space and to empower residents to live more sustainably.
About the Task Force
- Meet the Members!
- Food Policy Task Force Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Food Policy Task Force PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
Community Food Assessment
Community Gardening & Urban Farming
- Revised Ordinances Making It Easier to Raise Chickens and Bees
- Community Gardening & Urban Farming
- Sustainable Code Revision Project
- SLC FruitShare Program
- Curbside Composting Program
We'd Love to Hear from You!
Tell us your food concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.