Salt Lake City

Parking and Civil Unit

Welcome to Parking and Civil Unit 

The Parking and Civil Unit handles parking citations, ground transportation, alarm violations, snow removal, and animal control. 

We are located in the City and County Building at 451 South State Street, Room 145. 

Click here for driving directions.


Parking and Civil Citation Payment Options

  • Online Payments:  Click Here
  • Payments by phone: (801)535-6116
  • Mail Payments:

If mailing in your payment, make checks or money orders payable to Salt Lake City Corporation. Enclose the parking notice, snow removal, ground transportation, delinquent letter or billing notice with your payment for proper credit. Enclose the correct amount due. Late payments will be credited as partial payments. Please write the citation number on your check or money order. Do not mail cash.

Mailing address for payments

Salt Lake City Corporation
PO Box 145580
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5580


Appeal or Contest a Parking/Civil Citation: 

If you received a Parking/Civil citation and wish to appeal or contest the citation  CLICK HERE

Parking citations over 20 days are not eligible for a hearing.  However, you will still be able to request a review by a Hearing Officer if the citation is under 40 days old by clicking on the above provided link for hearings.



Parking Pay Station One-time Dismissal Program

Beginning July 1, 2016, Salt Lake City will provide individuals with a one-time dismissal for tickets received at city parking pay stations as a result of errors. This new policy applies only to tickets issued under 12.56.150 after July 1, 2016. Errors include miss-keys, transposition errors, wrong space numbers, or dropped digits. Individuals who wish to appeal under the new program must appear in person or complete an online hearing by visiting You will need to provide the receipt from your parking pay station or the credit card used for payment along with your ticket.

NOTE: One-time dismissal does not apply to expired meters that are over the time limit or failure to pay for metered parking.  


Parking Tickets on Sold Vehicles

Per Utah state law you are required to remove your license plates from any vehicle you sell.  If you did not remove your plates then you could be held responsible for any citations issued to the vehicle. There are 3 documents that a Hearing Officer will require in order to release the tickets from the registered owner's name.

  1.  Form TC-502 from the Utah Department of Motor Vehicles for Cancelled Registration.
  2.  Letter on letterhead from your insurance company providing the exact date the vehicle was dropped from the policy
  3.  Affidavit of Sold Vehicle <=Click Here

  Once you have the above information you will need to go on our website at and file an online hearing and submit the requested documents or bring them to our office in person.



Parking Needs 

Metered parking is located on the west and east side of the Salt Lake City & County Building. There are a few time limited parking spaces on the east side entrance of the building (please look for signage). ADA parking is also available on the east side entrance or can park at any metered space for a maximum of 2 hrs but must display a valid handicap placard. 


Quick Links: