New leadership vote, electronic signs and home business regs all part of Jan. 8 SLC Council meeting
CITY COUNCIL of SALT LAKE CITY
What: Work Session and Formal Meeting
When: Tuesday – January 8, 2013
Work Session 2:00 p.m. Room 326 (the public is invited to listen to the discussion)
Formal Meeting 7:00 p.m. Room 315 (a public comment section is included)
Work Session- Items of Interest
The Council will:
- nominate the Council Chair and Vice Chair for calendar year 2013.
- continue a discussion with the City’s Planning Division regarding amending ordinances pertaining to electronic signs.
- continue a discussion regarding Budget Amendments Nos. 1 and 2 for Fiscal Year 2012-13 regarding proposals to construct a kitchen in the Leonardo and create a revenue and expense budget for the Street Lighting Enterprise Fund.
- receive a follow-up briefing regarding an ordinance amending the City’s Zoning regulations relating to businesses operated out of homes.
- receive a briefing regarding the Utah Open Meetings Law.
- discuss the City’s current residential infill ordinance and potential changes.
Formal Meeting – Items of Interest
The Council will:
- consider adopting a motion ratifying the election of Chair and Vice-Chair of the Salt Lake City Council for the calendar year 2013.
- accept public comment (public hearing) and consider adopting an ordinance that would create a revenue and expense budget of $1.8 million for the Street Lighting Enterprise Fund.
- accept public comment (public hearing) and hear protests and objections to the creation of the Central Business Improvement Area 13, which would require owners of properties valued at more than $20,000 to pay an assessment on the properties.
- consider adopting Budget Amendment No. 1 for FY 2012-13 relating to the proposed Leonardo kitchen facilities.
- consider adopting an ordinance amending the City’s Zoning regulations relating to businesses operated out of homes.
To view the entire agenda for the Work Session and Formal Meeting, click here. All agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in accordance with Utah's Open and Public Meetings Act.
City & County Building
451 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Contact: City Council Office
COUNCIL MEETING DATES
(Note: Council meeting dates are subject to change. An agenda will be available 24 hours in advance by visiting: http://council.slcgov.com/agendas/default.htm or call (801) 535-7600 to confirm date and time prior to attending.)
January 15, 2013 – Tuesday – Council Work Session
January 22, 2013 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting
February 5, 2013 – Tuesday – Council Work Session and Formal Meeting