Historic Preservation, Theater options (PAC) and Opinion balloting could finish up at the Oct. 23 SLC Council meeting.
CITY COUNCIL of SALT LAKE CITY
What: Work Session and Formal Meeting
When: Tuesday – October 23, 2012
Work Session 2:00 p.m. Room 326 (the public is invited to listen to the discussion)
Formal Meeting 7:00 p.m. Room 315 (public comment section is included)
Where: City & County Building
Work Session- Items of Interest
The Council will:
• receive a briefing regarding Design Guidelines for residential and commercial buildings and signs in Historic Districts and Landmark Sites.
• receive a follow-up briefing regarding demolition of buildings and structures and maintenance of boarded buildings.
• receive a briefing regarding demolition of buildings for parking structures and surface parking lots in the Central Business District.
• (Tentative) hold a discussion to review philosophy statements, likely to be focused on the Education statement. But two more are up for a possible vote in the Formal Session.
Formal Meeting – Items of Interest
NOTE: At the start of the 7 pm Formal Meeting, the Council will recognize the Fairmont neighborhood’s recent award as one of the 10 Great Neighborhoods for 2012 by the American Planning Association as part of their Great Places in America program.
The Council will consider adopting:
• the following historic preservation ordinances:
o Proposed Salt Lake City Historic Preservation Plan
o Local Historic Districts and Historic Landmark Sites
o Character Conservation Overlay Zoning District
• an ordinance creating a sign overlay district for Library Square.
• an ordinance authorizing opinion questions to be submitted to the voters of Salt Lake City
• a resolution approving the List of Prioritized Optional Elements for the New Performing Arts Center.
The Council also will hold six public hearings, including:
• a public hearing and consider adopting an ordinance regarding the demolition of buildings for parking structures and surface parking lots in the Central Business District.
• a public hearing and consider adopting a resolution regarding a Council philosophy statement about education.
• a public hearing on Industrial Development Revenue Bonds connected to the expansion of the Uinta Brewing Company.
To view the entire agenda for the Work Session and Formal Meeting, click here. All agendas are posted 24 hours in advance in accordance with Utah's Open and Public Meetings Act.
Where are meetings?
City & County Building
451 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Contact: City Council Office 801‐535‐7600
COUNCIL MEETING DATES
(Note: Council meeting dates are subject to change. An agenda will be available 24 hours in advance by visiting: http://council.slcgov.com/agendas/default.htm or call (801) 535-7600 to confirm date and time prior to attending.)
November 6, 2012 – NO MEETING: PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
November 13, 2012 – Tuesday – RDA MEETING, Work Session & Formal Meeting
November 20, 2012 – Tuesday – Council Work Session
November 27, 2012 – Tuesday – Work Session and Formal Meeting