1300 South Viaduct
1300 South Bridge Rehabilitation (500 W to 700 W)
Bridge Closed - Now Under Construction
Salt Lake City, in partnership with the Utah Department of Transportation, is rehabilitating the1300 South Bridge, also known as a viaduct, which spans over the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) and Utah Transit Authority (UTA) Tracks from 500 West to 700 West.
The original structure was built in the 1970’s and needs to be rehabilitated to meet safety and seismic requirements.
Click here for detour route map.
- May 14, 2015 click here
- May 6, 2015 click here
- April 29, 2015 click here
- April 23, 2015 click here
- April 16, 2015 click here
- April 9, 2015 click here
- April 2, 2015 click here
- March 26, 2015 click here
- March 19, 2015 click here
March 2015: Construction Begins
Fall 2015: Estimated completion of construction
1300 South Bridge Closure
The bridge over the railroad tracks between 500 West and 700 West on 1300 South will be closed while construction takes place. This will expedite construction completion. Click here for more project information and a route map which illustrates possible traffic routes for vehicles, pedestrians and bicyles during the bridge closure (Spanish). Vehicle routes which avoid at-grade railroad crossings are at 2100 South and 400 South.
Intersections and I-15 On-Ramps: 700 West, 500 West, and all 1300 South/I-15 on and off-ramps will remain open during construction. Some lane restrictions may be necessary while construction takes place.
Access to Local Businesses
Local businesses will remain open during construction and reasonable access will be provided.
The project team is currently working with UTA to provide public transportation detour routes and will post the details on this website once they are completed.
Click here for the revised Route 516 UTA map.
Click here for the revised Route 9 UTA map.
- Widening the bridge three feet and replacing the deck, click here to see the existing cross section of the bridge, click here to see the future cross section
- Improving the bridge for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Improving the 700 West intersection and adding a new signal
- Improving the bridge for safety, specifically seismic stability
- View the Capital City News video clip about the upcoming project
Project Hotline: 385-210-0585
Project Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Horrocks Engineers - Construction Management Consultant
We want to hear from you. Call us, or send us an email with your questions and comments!
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as Salt Lake City works to improve the city’s roadways.