Foreign Trade Zone
Your International Gateway to U.S. and Global Markets
For more information on how your business can benefit from being located in FTZ 30 or as an FTZ Subzone, contact Angie Dunn, (801) 535-7273 — email@example.com.
An FTZ can give you a competitive advantage if you do two of the following things:
- Import goods that have a high duty rate.
- Import and export goods.
- Add value to goods through assembly, manufacturing, packaging, etc.
- Combine foreign and domestic goods.
To quickly see the bottom line savings that your company can aquire through FTZ benefits, click here to use the FTZ savings calculator!
FTZ Advantages - Distinct Economic Benefits
- Manufacturers or distributors pay no duty on imported items or raw materials until such goods enter the commerce of the U.S.
- Warehousing imported goods in the FTZ defers duty and improves cash flow
- No Customs duty is assessed when re-exporting goods from the FTZ to foreign countries
- Processing goods within the FTZ can eliminate or lower tariffs
- FTZ users may submit one Customs Entry per week rather than submitting one Customs Entry per shipment. This can result in significant cost savings.
- FTZ users may also receive permission from Customs to move imported items directly from ports to the FTZ, thereby avoiding delays at congested ports.