Compliance - Vehicle Auctions
Looking for a used vehicle? You might find what you're looking for at Salt Lake City's bi-weekly vehicle auction. The City auctions approximately 20 vehicles every other Friday, excluding holidays. Vehicles that have not been removed from the impound lot are sold at auction. Vehicles vary from standard and midsized cars, vans, luxury cars, SUVs, trailers, etc.
Upcoming vehicle auctions
SALT LAKE CITY CORPORATION AUCTION RULES
1. You must have a valid United States driver’s license to register for a bid number. NO LEARNERS PERMITS. Visitor passes will not be issued! No person is allowed inside the auctioned vehicles during inspection. If you violate you will be asked to leave!! No Pets, except service animals. NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 IS ALLOWED ON THE LOT!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!
2. Registration is from 11:00 am -12:00 pm in the auction parking lot east of the auction lot at the walk-in gate. No bid numbers will be given out after 12:00 PM. No exceptions. Inspection is from 11:00 am to 12:15 pm the day of the sale. Selling starts at 12:15 PM. THE NAME A PERSON IS REGISTERED UNDER WILL BE THE NAME ON THE BILL OF SALE! (See #15 below.)
3. During the auction that you must prominently display your bid number. KEEP IT UP UNTIL YOU ARE DONE BIDDING, NOT UP AND DOWN OR HALF UP. If we think you are still in, you will be the winning bidder. DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING REMOVED FROM THE LOT. DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, LOUD TALKING, AUDIBLY PLAYING MUSIC, ARGUING, FIGHTING, OR INTERRUPTING THE AUCTIONEER.
4. Any active solicitation/marketing/sales by a private business during the time that the auction is in progress (including pre-auction preparation) and within the confines of the auction location must not be carried out in such a manner that interrupts the auction process and/or disturbs the auction employees and/or participants.
5. All purchases are final and sold AS IS!! NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN! Buyer is responsible for cash or credit card payment by 2:00 PM the day of the sale. We do not accept checks. If payment is late the bid will be voided and #9 will apply. Starting bids (except for airport vehicles) begin at one hundred dollars. Any higher bids must be in increments that are multiples of $20 (such as $40, $60, or $80).
6. Purchased vehicles must be removed from the lot by 5:00 PM on the day of the sale. Any vehicles or property left inside the lot will be charged a $25.00 per day storage fee payable to the City Treasurers Office.
7. All contents inside the purchased vehicle belong to the buyer. If there are any items not wanted, you may dispose of them in the trash cans located throughout the auction lot. If you throw items on the ground you will not be able to bid at the next auction.
8. Purchased vehicles may be parked outside of the north fence for a short time. SLC CORP. is not responsible for damage or loss of property after purchase. Do not park purchased vehicles on the west side of the auction lot. Any purchased vehicles left overnight will be subject to tow.
9. If a purchased vehicle is not removed by the following Monday morning, the successful bidder will not be able to register for a bid number the following Friday.
10. If you are the successful bidder and do not pay for your vehicle, you will be prohibited from bidding at auctions with Salt Lake City Corporation for a period of one year.
11. Some of the purchased vehicles may not have keys. There may be a locksmith on the premises or you may call one of your choice. Locksmiths that may be available at the auction are not affiliated with the Salt Lake City Corporation and use of these locksmiths is at the buyer’s expense and risk.
12. Buyers are responsible for jumper cables, air tank, gasoline and any other tools needed to remove a vehicle from the lot. NO MECHANICAL WORK IS ALLOWED INSIDE THE LOT.
13. A CERTIFICATE OF SALE OF ABANDONED VEHICLE is not a permit to drive the vehicle. We strongly suggest that you have the vehicle towed by a commercial tow truck to its destination.
14. A duplicate copy of a Certificate of Sale is available for $25, payable to the City Treasurers Office before the printing of the duplicate bill of sale.
15. The name you are registered under is what will appear on the bill of sale. If you want registration under a business name, register that name at the time of entry. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
16. Some vehicles may have a “BRANDED TITLE” this may be a “SALVAGE” or “REBUILT/RESTORED”. For more information go to www.DMV.UTAH.GOV
17. Consequences for violating any of these rules will be administered progressively as follows: “First violation - verbal warning; Second violation – you will not be allowed into 2 auctions; Third violation - one year ban; Fourth violation - permanent ban.
HB_ATTY-#37411-v1-Auction_Rules.DOC Document last reviewed/approved: 27 March, 2014
26. Nissan 2002, case 14-3339, Sentra, white, Utah license D295BK, vin: 3N1AB51D52L713935. Registered owner Liovardo Saragosa, no lien holder. Impounded January 7, 2014 due to driver arrest. On February 28, 2014 asset forfeiture papers were received from the District Attorney’s office seizing the vehicle.