Regional Athletic Complex
Salt Lake City voters passed a $15.3 million bond in 2003 for the construction of a Regional Athletic Complex to provide soccer and baseball fields for recreation and competition purposes. The use of public funds was contingent upon securing a $7.5 million match from private sources, fulfilled through a gift from the Major League Soccer Organization Real Salt Lake in 2007. The new 140 acre complex features 16 soccer/multi-purpose fields, including a stadium field that features a scoreboard, restrooms and concessions.
Procedures for renting athletic fields:
- All field rental requests must be submitted in writing using the online Field Rental Application available at http://goo.gl/forms/bKFzS0yv47 . The application must be filled out completely by the event organizer and submitted to the Regional Athletic Complex office. All communication will be done with the person listed on the rental application only.
- The Regional Athletic Complex fields are available to rent for tournaments, instructional camps, and league play only.
- Requests for multiple, consecutive days to rent are considered a tournament and must be reserved using the tournament request form. These reservations may be taken 18 months in advance.
- Any requests for single day, partial facility or fields for uses other than tournaments may be taken 6 months in advance.
- The RAC office reserves the right to deny any rental request.
- When a field rental request is approved, the person or organization requesting will receive a confirmation notice.
- Weekday reservations must be made and paid in full at least twenty four (24) hours in
advance. Weekend reservations must be paid in full by the Thursday prior.
- All fees are non-refundable, but dates, times or facilities may be changed prior to reservation date (based on availability).
Field rental priority will be based on the following criteria:
- Current condition of fields and impact to them and the complex.
- City sponsored programs and prior contractual obligations
- Economic impact to Salt Lake City (state, regional, national or International)
- Number of fields rented. Full facility rentals receive priority.
- Rental history and past compliance with Parks and Recreation Policies and Procedures with the requesting person/organization
Facility operating times:
- The facility will open at 7:00am. Games may be scheduled beginning at 8:00am until 7:00pm on all fields. Those fields with lighting may host games 8:00am until 10:00pm. An hourly lighting fee will be added to all games on fields scheduled between 7:00pm and 10:00pm. This fee is subject to change annually. Please refer to the current fee schedule for lighting fees.
- Fields are available to rent beginning April 1st-October 31st. These dates are subject to change annually. The RAC facility staff reserves the right to close fields at any time in order to protect and preserve field integrity.
- Field lining is included in hourly field reservation rates.
- Field layout requests must be made at the time of reservation.
- Each field is designed to have one game played on it at a time. If individual fields have simultaneous games being played on them or an additional setup is required, an additional set-up fee of $25 will be charged per field.
- Currently, there are no practices allowed at the Regional Athletic Complex facility without special permission from the Regional Athletic Complex staff.
- A Certificate of Insurance is required for ALL rentals. The renter shall provide the City with a comprehensive general liability insurance policy in which both the renter and Salt Lake City are named as an additional insured, covering both bodily injury and property damage. The minimum policy limits are one million dollars ($1,000,000) combined single limit coverage. A copy of the certificate must be received by the Regional Athletic Complex at the time of deposit payment.
FIELD USE POLICIES
This section is provided to inform you of facility policies in advance of your event so you may make the best use of our facility and services. We have attempted to be as thorough as possible to ensure your event will be as safe and successful as possible but recognize not all situations may be covered in this section. Any questions regarding topics not included should be directed to the Regional Athletic Complex office. The requesting person/organization is responsible for adhering to these polices and ensuring all players, spectators, attendees, vendors, etc. are aware of these policies. Failure to adhere to these policies may result in cancellation of current rental contract and will result in denial of future rental applications.
- Fields are for use by permit only.
- Groups must not enter fields until their designated rental time.
- Minors may not enter fields without adult supervision.
- Groups must be clear of field by the designated rental time conclusion.
- Only players, coaches, and officials are permitted on fields. Spectators are to remain outside field perimeter and encroachment lines at all times.
- Equipment is not to be moved. This applies to all equipment in general and goals in particular. The only exception is move game goals outside of the goal area for warm-ups.
- Do not play with, on, or around equipment.
- Facility staff reserves the right to cancel an event in whole or in part.
- Field closures may result from inclement weather, poor playing conditions or field damage which may cause hazardous safety considerations for the public or excessive repairs to the field.
- Any safety hazards found on the fields, such as holes, broken equipment, etc. should be immediately reported to the Regional Athletic Complex staff to ensure safe play. If a team causes any of the needed repairs, that team may be held responsible for the fees incurred to repair any damage.
- Staff or registered volunteers from the Public Services department will be onsite during all events and are the only authorized personnel to perform field maintenance.
- There is no warm-up permitted in goal mouths. This is in order to best maintain the integrity of the surface for match/game play.
- If available, appropriate sized goals will be provided for match/game play. Goals needed must be indicated in rental agreement. Any additional goals must be provided by the event organizer.
- Goals outside the perimeter of fields, which have not been provided for an event, are to be face down (crossbar and uprights flush to the ground).
- Parents must supervise children at all times to ensure they do no play with, on or around idle equipment.
- There is no moving of the goals with the exception of warm-ups outside the goal mouth/goal circle.
- Nets are provided for facility goals. Any additional nets are the responsibility of the renter.
- The venue is not responsible to repair nets during play. Nets will be in playing condition prior to tournament rental time or league play. Once games begin, it is up to the renting organization to make any necessary repairs.
- The Regional Athletic Complex has a limited number of rugby and football uprights. These can be included in the field rental fee if they are available. However, if events either exceed the number available or are taking place on fields that are not equipped with sleeves, it is the responsibility of the event organizer to provide the necessary equipment.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Any behavior that is seen as obscene, dangerous, offensive, or unsportsmanlike, will not be tolerated and may result in ejection from the property. It is the responsibility of the renter/organizer to monitor the conduct of their coaches, players, and fans.
- Pets, with the exception of guide dogs
- Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, etc. on the fields
- Fireworks or open flame within the complex except by authorized concessionaires.
- Overnight parking or camping – no vehicles, RV’s, or trailers parked in the complex. The gates will be locked one hour after the last game;
- Littering or dumping
- Alcohol is allowed by city permit only
- Inclement weather if inclement weather causes fields to be unsafe for play, every attempt will be made to reschedule the rental. If no use has occurred on the rental day and use cannot be rescheduled within sixty days, a full refund for that rental day will be given. If use has begun on rental date and inclement weather moves in, play will be delayed until fields are deemed safe for play. If play cannot be resumed or if play is resumed and more inclement weather moves in, no partial refund will be given. If use has not begun on rental date and there is a delay due to inclement weather, facility staff will communicate with event organizer as to an estimated start time. If the event organizer determines they cannot proceed with their event due to the delay, a refund will be issued.
- Visitors can park in any designated parking lot within the Regional Athletic Complex. Parking spaces are indicated by white lines. If there are no white lines, there is no parking. There is no parking on the grass or on the shoulders of the road. Emergency crews must have access to the fields via the shoulders at all times. The Regional Athletic Complex is not responsible for any lost or stolen items out of parked vehicles.
- There is no overnight parking at the facility. Any car parked illegally overnight or in non-designated areas will be towed.
- If approved vendors are to be at an event, they may be permitted to pull up to their designated site. This must be pre - arranged with facility staff.
- All food and drink concession rights at the Regional Athletic Complex remain at the discretion of Salt Lake City. All vendors (food and non-food) are subject to approval by the Regional Athletic Complex office. (See Special Use Permit).
- Vendors are required to submit a vendor application form as well as a $100 permit fee.
- It is the responsibility of the vendor to ensure they have the necessary permits and complete any state required tax forms.
- Personal 10x10 tents or canopies are allowed in designated areas only. The placement is determined by facility staff in order to maintain safe traffic flow and views of fields. Failure to comply with this will result in patron being asked to leave the facility. Renter is requested to assist with ensuring their participants and spectators comply with staff directives.
- All signage content and placement wishing to be displayed must be approved by the Regional Athletic Complex office.
- Uniformed police or sheriff’s deputies may be required for rentals. Renter will be notified if security is needed after review of rental information by the Regional Athletic Complex and/or Police Department. The entire cost of the security is the responsibility of the renter and must be paid in advance.
- Warming up is not permitted in goal mouths or on closed fields.
- If lightning is seen, a mandatory game delay of 30 minutes will be enforced and all players, coaches, officials and guests must leave the fields and seek shelter. Staying near fields or under pavilions is not acceptable. Updates will be communicated to the tournament organizer.
- An AED is on site for emergency use. AEDs are located on restroom facilities.
- There are no medical personnel provided by the Regional Athletic Complex.
|Fields are available for games only||Weekdays
|Youth Resident Field Rental||$45||$55||$15|
|Adult Resident Field Rental||$65||$75||$15|
|Youth Non-Resident Field Rental||$65||$75||$15|
|Adult Non-Resident Field Rental||$75||$85||$15|
|Resident Stadium Field Rental||$140||$155||$15|
|Non-Resident Stadium Field Rental||$155||$170||$15|
|Tournament Field Rental*||$700||$40|
* Does not include additional tournament fees
The above fee structure does not include additional setup fees.
WHERE IS THE REGIONAL ATHLETIC COMPLEX LOCATED?
2280 N Rose Park Lane, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
WHAT ARE THE COMPLEX’S HOURS OF OPERATION?
8am–10pm. The Regional Athletic Complex is open for reservation play only.
WHAT MONTHS IS THE REGIONAL ATHLETIC COMPLEX OPEN?
April - October
IS THERE “DROP-IN” OR “FREE PLAY”?
No. Anyone wishing to use the fields must submit a contract and payment to the Regional Athletic Complex management in advance of their field rental. Any unauthorized play will be considered trespassing.
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE AT THE COMPLEX?
Yes. The Salt Lake Regional Athletic Complex has nearly 1,200 parking spaces located around the field complex.
WHAT SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE PROVIDED FOR DISABLED GUESTS?
There are parking spaces for guests with disabilities and all the fields are ADA accessible.
ARE FOOD AND BEVERAGES ALLOWED?
Yes, outside food and non-alcoholic drinks are allowed in the Complex. All waste must be disposed of properly. Alcohol distribution and consumption is prohibited except for special permitted events only.
IS SMOKING ALLOWED ON OR NEAR THE PLAYING FIELDS?
Smoking is not allowed on or near the fields. Any cigarette butts left behind will be deemed as litter and could result in the client receiving a fine.
HOW MANY FIELDS ARE THERE AT the salt lake regional athletic complex?
The complex is comprised of 16 natural grass, sand-based fields
ARE THERE LIGHTED FIELDS FOR EVENING EVENTS?
Yes, six of the fields, including the championship field, are equipped with lighting.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR RENTING A FIELD AT THE COMPLEX?
Complete the applicable online rental application form. Completion of the application form does not indicate approval or acceptance. Once reservations are approved, a completed contract will be issued for signature and payment.
ARE ANIMALS ALLOWED AT THE COMPLEX?
No, except for service animals.
WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE FIELDS?
Eleven of the Complex’s fields measure 110 yards by 70 yards. An additional 5 fields are 110 yards by 80 yards.
CAN I WARM UP ON AN ADJACENT FIELD IF THE FIELD THAT I AM SCHEDULED ON IS CURRENTLY TAKEN?
No, all field use must be approved ahead of time by the Regional Athletic Complex management. To ensure that fields are of the highest quality, we implement restrictions on the amount of weekly use each field receives.
HOW ARE THE FIELDS NUMBERED?
Please click here to see a layout of the Regional Athletic Complex fields.
DOES IT COST ANYTHING TO PARK A VEHICLE AT THE COMPLEX?
No, but occasionally during special events there may be a fee to park.
IS THERE SHELTER AT THE FIELDS IN THE EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER?
There is not a shelter onsite at the Complex. All events must follow the stated lightning policy.
HOW DO VISITORS FIND OUT IF AN EVENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER?
Contact your specific event coordinator or contact the Salt Lake City Parks and Public Lands office at 801-972-7800.
IS THERE SIDELINE SEATING AT THE FIELDS?
There is no permanent seating around the fields at the Complex, but additional seating may be brought in by tournament organizers.
ARE RESTROOMS AVAILABLE ON-SITE?
Yes, there is one permanent comfort station at the Complex. There are also additional facilities available during special events.
IS THERE A RESTAURANT LOCATED ON-SITE?
There is no permanent food vendor on-site. The Regional Athletic Complex works with tournament organizers and local food vendors to provide dining options for patrons.
Is there overnight parking or space for camping and Rv vehicles?
There is absolutely no overnight parking allowed at the Complex. We have a partnership with Pony Express, an RV and campground located 1 mile from the complex, to accommodate camping patrons.
WHO DO I CONTACT WITH FURTHER QUESTIONS?
Please call Suzzane Martinez at (801)972-7880 or email: suzzane.martinez @slcgov.com for any further inquiries regarding the Regional Athletic Complex.